O Sounds: Casual Word Stress in Sentences
|Here we will practice the same sentences, but more casually. When speaking this way, you will use less stress, pause less often and let the words flow together more. |
When you see “same,” this means that there are no extra points of casual English in the sentence. In other sentences, the extra points are shown. The new point in this lesson is:
* it will = idul
1. Next week, there‘ll be a motivational business conference at the Holiday Inn.
2. The main speaker‘ll be one of the co-founders of a major technology company.
3. Even though he’as a great voice ‘ee keeps a low profile.
4. (same) The conference was organized by the city to promote confidence in business.
5. It’ll focus on the pro’s and con’s of online business models.
6. It’ll cover new techniques in user-friendly browsing and downloading.
7. It’ll also cover power issues and choices in outsourcing.
8. (same) Several politicians may also speak about local and federal policies.
9. (same) One of the goals is to bolster the city’s interaction with local businesses.
10. It’s well-organized–the schedule provides a lot of time for social networking.
11. If yu wunnu go, we needt‘ respond to the invitation today.
12. (same) We can also start posting on the blog to meet people beforehand.
|750 Business Words||O Sounds Main Page|
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply