Learn new English rules with these Member-only pages.
Practice these questions with your instructor. Use them to discover pronunciation and grammar tips for your everyday business vocabulary.
The common phrase “tell me about yourself” is used in business interviews, business socials and casual social events. For a professional, it is a good idea to have appropriate answers to this question. This helps you to make good first impressions and network successfully. If you do not have your answers yet, take a moment to think and use the suggestions to help you. Of course you do not want to state your answers as if they are memorized, but it is better to be ready and not miss opportunities to network or make new friends.
1. How is the weather today? Do you like this kind of weather?
2. How is your commute (generally)? How was your commute this morning?
3. When is your next vacation? Do you have a place that you usually visit? Have you made any plans yet?
4. What are your plans for this weekend?
5. What did you do last weekend?
6. Have you seen any good movies lately? Or read any good books?
7. Are you keeping up with the news? If so, what have you noticed lately? Is anything interesting going on?
8. Do you like to exercise? If so, how is your exercise going?
9. Do you like to cook or go to restaurants? Have you tried a new dish or restaurant lately?
10. Where do you live? Do you like the neighborhood?
11. Are you working on any projects or hobbies at home?
12. How’s your family? Have you attended any school functions lately? Do you have a family event (a reunion or wedding) coming up soon?
|Talking About Oneself|
1. Tell me about yourself. Business interview:
this can be a two-minute statement and should show your accomplishments, goals, and dedication.
2. Tell me about yourself. Business social:
show your listener who you are and open the door to more conversation by ending with something simple and easy to talk about, such as your kids or how you love movies.
3. So tell me about yourself. Casual social:
you might mention your career briefly, but it’s not necessary–say a couple of interesting, yet basic things about yourself which open the door to more conversation.
4. What do you do for fun?
5. Do you have a significant other, a spouse or kids? Tell me about them.
6. Do you have pets? What are they like?
7. What’s your neighborhood like?
Do you want to stay there or move in the future?
8. When you watch movies or read books, do you like drama, comedy, action, art, science fiction, horror or family fun?
Why do you like this genre?
9. Are you an early riser? Or do you sleep late? Why?
10. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? How so?
11. Do you consider yourself an optimist, a realist or a pessimist? Why?
|750 Business Words||All Business Questions|
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply