Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
– Henry Ford
Although our value isn’t solely based on our accomplishments, it is important to make those achievements and successes known to others so that your strengths are widely known; and so others can celebrate in those alongside you.
|Be Genuine||be eager to dismiss your|
|Be brief||make it seem that you take|
your accomplishments for granted
|Ask Questions||belittle other people|
|Share your excitement/ |
|self-praise, stick to self-disclosure|
|Talk about the impact||add a qualifier|
Questions/ Hypothetical Situations
Practice the expressions and scenarios as you improve your methods for speaking well of yourself without bragging or being too humble. Try to utilize the Do’s and Don’ts above as aids in your speaking.
- Describe one of your biggest accomplishments.
- “Since I took over the team, sales have doubled.”
- Describe a time when you helped someone in need.
- “I’m thankful that so many people are interested in hearing my message.”
- Describe how you would respond If your team threw a party for you to celebrate how much they appreciate your hard work.
- “Thank you, guys, but I couldn’t have done it without your support and trust.”
- “I truly worked really hard to make this happen.”
- Describe the importance of your job.
- “I’m so excited to share my good news,” instead of “I hate to brag, but…”
- Describe a time when you felt the happiest.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply