The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing
– Walt Disney
How to Motivate People to Work
To be a great leader, one needs to engage in honest, open communication, encourage personal/professional growth, Set goals and give feedback while being open to receiving it. To better serve others, one should donate their time not only to tasks but also taking the time to listen and give advice if asked.
|“I am glad you are on our team”||“I see the massive efforts you put in everything you do, and we want you to know your work isn’t going under-appreciated.”|
|“Before the next meeting, I want (XYZ) completed so we can discuss the results, does anyone have any questions about that?”||“Is there anything I can do for you?”|
|“We can do this if we all put our minds to it”||Your project could have been better this time, but I have seen your prior work and know you can do better than this, so work hard for the next one.|
|“I feel like I am constantly in the dark about what you are working on because you don’t share your progress with me until it is finished. I think our efficiency will increase drastically if we work better together.”||“What plan/agreement can we work out to make sure you’re on time to work?”|
|“How can I help you”||“Due to issues identified in (XYZ), our corporate department has issued us to resolve it by the end of the day, so we’re here to come up with a quick resolution as a team.”|
Questions/ Hypothetical Situations
Practice Leading and Serving others by using the sentences below and try to use the phrases above to help you respond.
- “I am having issues in my department. ”
- Describe a time when a colleague made completing a task difficult.
- How do you think my presentation went?
- Describe a time when you had to step in as a leader because no one else would.
- “I work better alone.”
- How do you serve others? If you don’t, how could you better serve others?
- “I feel like I am drowning in work is there any way we can adjust my workload?”
- “My team leader isn’t listening to me, and I don’t know what to do.”
- How can I be of more assistance?
- Describe a time when your leader showed up and fixed most of if not all, the issues you were experiencing.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply