If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.
– Dhirubhai Ambani
How to summarize what the other person said and then respond.
Listening Actively is not only a fundamental part of communication; it is also an important quality that shows you are positively engaged with your conversation partner by showing them they are being heard and are valued.
|“I believe you’re saying that…”||“If I understand you correctly, you’re saying…”|
|“Do you mean that…”||“Are there other parts you’d like me to know about?”|
|“I’m sorry you’re going through that.”||“I can see that what they said upset you a lot.”|
|“Have you considered…”||“I’m interested to learn more about…”|
|“What I’m hearing is…”||“What led you to that conclusion?”|
Questions/ Hypothetical Situations
Ask and answer these questions with your teacher. Use the active listening phrases above as you respond.
- Describe a current project you have or a simple home project like making a sandwich.
- What Problem does your business solve?
- What is one thing you wish you had known before starting your current job?
- What’s your number one tip for combating distractions when working from home?
- Describe your proudest professional achievement Or a low moment in your Professional Career
- What skills did you develop early in your Career? What skills did you learn prior that you may have needed to refresh?
- How do you maintain a work-life balance? What do you think you could do to achieve that if you don’t?
- What don’t you like about your job/Career? What do you like about your job/Career?
- How do you handle the things you can’t control?
- Do you have a quote that motivates you? What does it mean to you?
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply