O sounds: Animals
Choose which sound you hear on the O spelling:
|Schwa = as in mother |
Short O = as in hot
Long O = as in role
1. The crocodile and the alligator are relatives.
a. Crocodile ____ b. Alligator ____
2. The robin, the crow, and the dove live in urban and suburban areas.
a. Robin ____ b. Crow ____ c. Dove ____
3. The monkey and the gorilla are relatives.
a. Monkey ____ b. Gorilla ____
4. Grass-eaters vary from buffalo to antelope.
a. Buffalo ____ b. Antelope ____
5. Dolphins and porpoises have subtle differences in their mouths and teeth.
a. Dolphins ____ b. Porpoises ____ ____
6. The salmon is prized for its taste, but cod is considered plain.
a. Salmon ____ b. Cod ____
7. A mule is a cross between a donkey and a horse.
a. Donkey ____ b. Horse ____
8. Otters, Frogs, and Toads live near bodies of water.
a. Otters ____ b. Frogs ____ c. Toads ____
9. Living near the edge of the city, we sometimes see opossums and foxes.
a. Opossums ____ b. Foxes ____
10. Lions, Rhinoceroses, and Hippos live in Africa.
a. Lions ____ b. Rhinoceroses ____ c. Hippos ____
Leave a Reply